View Single Post

Old 01-14-2022, 08:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
There are retired people from all over the nation that settled down in The Villages, some snowbirds, and some full-time residence.

My question is: "What's your story that brought to TV, and why not other areas in Florida?"

Cheers!
Retired in January, 2010 in Southern California. Two weeks later started a 7500 mile drive around the country looking for somewhere other than CA to retire to. Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, all the way to Florida to visit my brother. After a week or so there, we drove ip to TV to look around. Took the bus tour and liked what I saw. Continued my drive up the coast to DC and Maryland, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Illinois, South Dakota, Wyoming, Nevada and back to CA by June. Spent a month cleaning and fixing anything wrong with my townhouse and put it on the market. Sold in three days, so I went online to the Villages real estate website and checked out all the preowned homes and found one I liked. Called the salesperson I had talked to when I was here and made an offer. Too low, but there was already an offer, but contingent on selling a home in Canada. I made another offer, lower than the Canadian, but no contingency and it was accepted. My townhouse closed in 20 days, had my furniture and everything else picked up the day of the closing and got back in my car and headed for Florida. About 500 miles a day and arrived on a Tuesday morning, closed at around 10:00 am and got the keys to my new home. Slept on an air mattress for a week until my stuff arrived. Played a couple thousand rounds of golf since them.