View Single Post

Old 01-15-2022, 05:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
My old co-worker told me he is hesitant about considering a move to Florida due to the higher property taxes and he heard expensive hurricane insurance was required.

I can vouch that property taxes are higher than what he pays now, but not higher than what he used to pay in a bluer state. I cannot speak to hurricane insurance specifically, is it required? If so is it generally expensive (more than $100/month) with realistic deductible ($5K to $10K)?
well if you are talking TN, that's just because he's stuck at the old tax rate like most of them. So while it will go up it's really not as bad as he thinks.

The hurricane crap - this is center state it's not required by any lender. now if he wants to live coastal well... heck we didn't even have it required over there either. To be more specific is that there isn't a special add on for it, it comes in your coverage under natural disaster. We've been through 4 hurricanes on the coast and honestly never had a claim or damage, although if we did it would have been covered.

I'd be more concerned with wind mitigation items that make sense because not all of them are worth the spend to get the savings.

Hey while you're at it just for s*** and grins ask him why he isn't worried about alligators, snakes, vultures, etc LOL