View Single Post

Old 01-19-2022, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
I have 19,800 miles on my lithium cart over 3 years and 2 months and the batteries have not degraded (dropped) 1 mile of range per charge all that time (and yes, I keep track). They are rated for 500 charge cycles (about 10 years for me) and I have a LONG way to go. Will outlast my lifespan. I recharge 1 time every 7-8 days and get 66 miles on each charge +- 1 or 2 miles. I charge it at the exact same point every time when the battery level is down to 3 bars. I could probably squeeze another 7-8 miles out of it if I wanted. Replacements are around $3500 if I DIY. So comparing it to "regular batteries" that degrade faster, have to be charged more often and replaced more often (if you want to keep the same mileage as new) it may be worth it to some. I should be able to get another 2+ years out of these minimum so over 5 years I don't think it would be that far off for the convenience. NO, we are not comparing this to GAS which has it's own issues like upkeep and even the cost of gas for 5 years to compare but I personally don't like gas carts.

I look at it this way. I don't drink or smoke so all the money I saved over my lifetime makes up for the extra cost.
Math does not compute

66 miles a week x 3 years and 2 months does not equate to 19,000+ miles