View Single Post

Old 01-22-2022, 12:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

I fixed mine myself. Wasn't worth fighting with them. Cost me $200 and it has worked flawlessly for over almost 2 years. There is a "Samsung upgrade kit" from one of the online parts dealers (PartsDR) plus you need to buy some special calking which I got off eBay for 1/2 the usual price . The upgrade kit included a new computer board programmed to modify the defrost cycle and about 4 other "upgraded" parts. The Samsung techs (just some local yokels from around here) they send out don't have a clue. They replace (wrong) parts and it never gets fixed. If you want to fight with them and get aggravated for months you might get a refund. I was on that Facebook group dealing with the issue and any time I posted a suggestion on how to fix it or what to tell the useless technician they deleted the post. I think I still have some of their expensive calking in a drawer if needed but without replacing all the upgraded parts the problem will happen over and over. Bottom line after almost 3 years of aggravation I fixed it myself and it's been perfect for 2+ years.

This is a SIMILAR kit. There is one for each model. DA82-02642A - Samsung Ice Maker Service Kit | Parts Dr
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.