View Single Post

Old 01-22-2022, 11:30 AM

I've lived in Tampa for 30 years and played lots of courses in FL. Even private clubs there have issues this time of year. Do you follow the local rule of 90 degrees with your cart? I'm guessing the answer is no. My wife and I play 18 at least twice a week and I observe the large majority of players driving down the middle of the fairway. Also, lots of rounds played and it's hard to tell where the rough starts - I get it. These are our courses, try to stay off the fairway and keep you cart on the path by the greens. Yes, often it's like playing off boiler plate. Move the ball back a bit in your stance is what I have learned. I'm more upset about the wave versus greens fees. Multiple times there are long, long delays after the turn. They need to cut out a couple of tee times. At these rates, this should corrected without question. Now, don't get me started with dragging feet on the greens, divots not filled and all the ball marks that are not repaired. I have found the best way to deal with all of this is to bring a little something to sip on....and enjoy the day!