View Single Post

Old 01-23-2022, 06:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majcap View Post
Still a new member (since May 2021). Own a CYV with a lot of Chattahoochee River Rock, all of which needs resealing. Tried to get set up with Allums company, but was unable to schedule prior to their cessation of business this year.
I have read the TOTV threads on this subject, but I can't find much on other contractors who are recommended.
Does anyone have a current recommendation for this resealing???
Thank you!
Good morning. The river rock and the painting they do on the driveways are two different things and respond differently to being sealed. I had the Chattahoochee River Rock around my pool in my home in SW Florida. I resealed it myself every year...easy peasy. The sealer is relatively thin (buy Chatahoochee river rock sealer) and rolls on easily with a roller on a painting stick. You need to (lightly) pressure wash first. LIGHTLY...if it's not been sealed for a while you can spray up stones. Let it dry completely, and apply a thin coat of the sealer. Let it dry for a few days...and you're good to go. In a CYV I'm betting you can use 1 big 5 gallon drum of sealer and it should take an hour or two...including prep. Oh...it is thin, so it will splash. Roll gently. I LOVED my river rock and sadly had it covered with a concrete decorative coating to "update" my house when selling. Broke my heart...
I know you asked for a contractor, but I don't know one. I just know it's a relatively simple job, if you are so inclined. I used to buy the sealer at Home Depot.