View Single Post

Old 01-26-2022, 01:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedquick View Post
Now yours is an interesting post because at 11:18 this morning I made a call to the 800# and after a 21 minute call it was left that UBreakIFix will call me in the next 24-48 hours for a free fix. If they don't call me I am to call them. My Samsung is right at 8 years old and we replaced the icemaker 3 or 4 years ago because of the above mentioned problems which recurred shortly after the replacement. Time will tell if it actually happens but I have a reasonable degree of optimism. I called them today only because of the OP's original post so a big Thank You to the OP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Let me rephrase that. IF they don't include the sealant AND the new circuit board (among 5 or 6 other updated parts) and they do the "repair" PREPARE TO CALL THEM BACK IN A FEW MONTHS when the same problem happens again. DO NOT CANCEL the appointment if you seriously want to fight them for 6 months to MAYBE (not) get a replacement. You'll need multiple appointments and lots of patience. If you have the time and patience for that, great. For me I gave up after 4-5 months and invested the $200 and fixed it myself and it has been flawless for almost 2 years. While I shouldn't have had to do that, for my time and sanity was worth it. As for the class action lawsuit, good luck. You'll be lucky to get a 10% off coupon for a new Samsucks fridge about 10 years from now when/if it gets settled.

This entire thread is based on Samsucks icemakers that are located in the fridge section MOSTLY on the French Door models which is what the OP is about although by now you'd never know it. The topic has already gone way off course which isn't surprising so it will really get confusing because it has nothing to do with the GE stuff The Villages supplies. Good luck and keep good notes, names, times and dates on every call you make and every visit you get.
The following parts were delivered: DA81-05595A sealant, DA97-12540G auger motor, DA97-08680G ice case assembly/ice route, DA82-02695A ice maker repair kit, DA97-1447C assembly ice tray. NO CIRCUIT BOARD.