View Single Post

Old 01-30-2022, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,193 Times in 2,795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
For those thinking about moving to the villages as well as how to live on a future retirement income, here are the actual expenses of an average @2,000 sq ft designer 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, expenses for a year, built in 2019.

You can use these for monthly budgeting/forecasting, for retirement planning, etc. But these are actual average monthly expenses. By shopping around or doing something yourself, you can reduce the costs so this is just a representative example to use in planning.

Note that the forecasts are based upon assumed inflation rates, past performance does not guarantee future results. The biggest controllable fixed expense is in blue, the bond payment

finance guy
Looks very similar to my spreadsheet, use some different highlight colors. Biggest difference is our house is much older, no bond expense but higher maintenance budget and added ongoing expenses of pool ownership. Biggest variable making pro forma expenses difficult to predict is obviously runaway inflation. Hardest expense to predict is homeowners insurance, and I also failed to predict recent 25% property tax increase.