View Single Post

Old 02-02-2022, 12:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Anyone else electing to take one or more sizable LTCGs before year end?

I am taking a huge (to me) one as I fear taxes will be significantly higher in 2022. Other factors are pushing this action, not just taxes.

The problem is of course where to reinvest now that we are experiencing a high rate of inflation. Inflation surge pushes gold to five-month high | Fox Business
I think this post and so many others is that WE are all uncomfortable. Imagine 2/2/22
the ten year treasury is paying 1.8% and the CPI consumer price index is 7% the return on S&P 500 was down 7%. What to do? Where to hide? Unlike EXPERTS who must claim to know, I can be HONEST-BEATS ME. My investment expertise comes from a comic inside a nickel roll of Bazooka bubble gum. Yup, even then I realized if you INVESTED in the nickel roll rather than the regular penny portions, you were buying at the volume price and got an extra LUMP at N/C. Like your decoder ring, I kept you waiting too long.

That wisdom was buy low and sell high. The hard part is knowing when is the low and when is the high. There are many books on that. Sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong. Only good news is everyone is not right all the time.
To make money you just need to be right more often then you are wrong.