Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 05-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Kate, it's not just Talbots. I am also suspicious of the mirrors in Coldwater Creek, and the lighting there. How gullible do they think we are? But wait! I buy stuff there.

In fact, I checked Coldwater first today, but it must be the season for the peasant look. Those days are long behind me. I did not even like the look the first time around. The only person who could look good in that look would probably be Gina Lollobrigida.

Coldwater had a bunch of peasant skirts, some even had hideous quasi-ruffles at the bottom. I do not know what they are thinking. In one of those things, all I would need would be to tie on a babushka and I would look like I just got off the boat with my ancestors. If I accessorized by clutching the family sauerbraten crock, the look would be perfectly finished. So OK, I will embrace the linen concept. It's better than a long, ruffled, orange skirt and a babushka. (shudder)

And Jeanne, I love country music. One of these days I am going to start a thread about country music. I think I like it so much because the songs usually tell a story. And the lyrics are often really clever and fun. And besides, where else can a woman hear such beautifully romantic lines as, "I'd like to check you for ticks"? I just gotta love that stuff. Can't help it.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 05-27-2009 at 09:34 PM.