Forums

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 05-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 1,740 Times in 562 Posts

Kate, it's not just Talbots. I am also suspicious of the mirrors in Coldwater Creek, and the lighting there. How gullible do they think we are? But wait! I buy stuff there.

In fact, I checked Coldwater first today, but it must be the season for the peasant look. Those days are long behind me. I did not even like the look the first time around. The only person who could look good in that look would probably be Gina Lollobrigida.

Coldwater had a bunch of peasant skirts, some even had hideous quasi-ruffles at the bottom. I do not know what they are thinking. In one of those things, all I would need would be to tie on a babushka and I would look like I just got off the boat with my ancestors. If I accessorized by clutching the family sauerbraten crock, the look would be perfectly finished. So OK, I will embrace the linen concept. It's better than a long, ruffled, orange skirt and a babushka. (shudder)

And Jeanne, I love country music. One of these days I am going to start a thread about country music. I think I like it so much because the songs usually tell a story. And the lyrics are often really clever and fun. And besides, where else can a woman hear such beautifully romantic lines as, "I'd like to check you for ticks"? I just gotta love that stuff. Can't help it.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 05-27-2009 at 09:34 PM.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.