Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 05-28-2009, 08:40 AM
Platinum member
Default Love Country Music

I like all kinds (well, almost all), but country is tops. Besides, it's kinda hard to grow up in West Texas and not love it. George Strait is awesome. I learned to dance going to rodeo dances. I can remember my baby sitter taking me to see Hank Williams and my daddy and I loved to waltz. Needless to say, I'm kinda partial to the old stuff, but love it all. We love to go out to the Orange Blossom Opry when some of those guys like Gene Watson come in....saw Hank Thompson a couple of years ago. My husband and I used to go out to the local honky-tonk about once a week before we moved here. I'm in the process now of putting all my old albums to CD. The way I'm doing it is kinda time-consuming because I choose to do the option of one song at a time so I can build custom CD's. With my collection, it will probably take me forever and a bigger computer to hold them, but it's fun and the music is priceless. Most of my stuff is in pristine condition since I used to play them sometimes only once in the process of putting them on tapes. I still have lots of the tapes, too. The idea of a new thread sounds like fun.