Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 05-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Veteran member

Softfire- where did you use to live in Michigan? My hubby and I are originally from Traverse City, but we now live in Plymouth. Still trying to sell and move to TV!

Boomer - I am convinced that all stores have those mirrors! So I usually don't try the merchandise on at the store. I take it home and try it on, then return what I don't like. If I am at a store that is too far away to return something, I will try it on there. But I have to absolutely love it or I don't buy it anymore. There is just so much to choose from out there that I am extremely picky anymore. But shopping isn't a chore for me, I like to browse and look. It becomes more of a treasure hunt! (ps...linen is a nice natural fabric that breathes, so it keeps you nice and cool in the summer. Sometimes that is worth the extra hassle for the care of the fabric!)

Gracie - I was golfing on Monday and I wore a tank top because it was cool enough that I had a jacket on over it. Of course, we were half way through our round and it warmed up considerably. I ended up taking the jacket off when I couldn't stand it anymore. I felt very self concious not having a collared shirt on, but I noticed that many of the other women didn't have collars on their shirts either. (I was subbing in my sister's golf league.) I know this course is very lenient on their dress code, but I still felt out of place. I should have worn a collared shirt under my jacket. I guess we should dress to feel comfortable, but feeling comfortable isn't always a physical feeling.