Forums

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 05-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Veteran member

Softfire- where did you use to live in Michigan? My hubby and I are originally from Traverse City, but we now live in Plymouth. Still trying to sell and move to TV!

Boomer - I am convinced that all stores have those mirrors! So I usually don't try the merchandise on at the store. I take it home and try it on, then return what I don't like. If I am at a store that is too far away to return something, I will try it on there. But I have to absolutely love it or I don't buy it anymore. There is just so much to choose from out there that I am extremely picky anymore. But shopping isn't a chore for me, I like to browse and look. It becomes more of a treasure hunt! (ps...linen is a nice natural fabric that breathes, so it keeps you nice and cool in the summer. Sometimes that is worth the extra hassle for the care of the fabric!)

Gracie - I was golfing on Monday and I wore a tank top because it was cool enough that I had a jacket on over it. Of course, we were half way through our round and it warmed up considerably. I ended up taking the jacket off when I couldn't stand it anymore. I felt very self concious not having a collared shirt on, but I noticed that many of the other women didn't have collars on their shirts either. (I was subbing in my sister's golf league.) I know this course is very lenient on their dress code, but I still felt out of place. I should have worn a collared shirt under my jacket. I guess we should dress to feel comfortable, but feeling comfortable isn't always a physical feeling.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.