Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 05-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Veteran member
Talking Country Music....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
I like all kinds (well, almost all), but country is tops. Besides, it's kinda hard to grow up in West Texas and not love it. George Strait is awesome. I learned to dance going to rodeo dances. I can remember my baby sitter taking me to see Hank Williams and my daddy and I loved to waltz. Needless to say, I'm kinda partial to the old stuff, but love it all. We love to go out to the Orange Blossom Opry when some of those guys like Gene Watson come in....saw Hank Thompson a couple of years ago. My husband and I used to go out to the local honky-tonk about once a week before we moved here. I'm in the process now of putting all my old albums to CD. The way I'm doing it is kinda time-consuming because I choose to do the option of one song at a time so I can build custom CD's. With my collection, it will probably take me forever and a bigger computer to hold them, but it's fun and the music is priceless. Most of my stuff is in pristine condition since I used to play them sometimes only once in the process of putting them on tapes. I still haRive lots of the tapes, too. The idea of a new thread sounds like fun.
A country music forum is an excellent idea, that would be alot of fun! I too love all music (could probably live w/o rap tho lol), but I listen to country all day long . Wow I didnt know about the Orange Blossom Opry, sounds like they have great stars. How often? I will love that! Last night's tribute to George Strait was amazing, I am so glad I taped it too, now I can watch it over and over....all the big stars! . I havnt figured out how to transfer my albums and CD's onto the computer yet . My son always does the "electronic stuff" for me lol, but I better learn quick since he wont be in TV to help me out with my silly questions . He bought me an IPOD for Christmas for my music so I can listen while gardening, but I have yet to take it out of the box lol.
P.S. "Walk the Line" (story of the life of Johnny Cash) is on Friday at 8 p.m. on CBS. I have seen it twice already and will watch again lol.