Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 05-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneBeannie View Post
I havnt figured out how to transfer my albums and CD's onto the computer yet
I bought a turntable that is designed to plug into the computer (I think a stereo system, too). It came with the software to convert records to the computer. I think it was something like $119 thru Circuit City's online site. I haven't checked but it seems I remember seeing something on TV the other night about them still being in the online business. You have the option of doing one song at a time (which I like to do) or you can do an entire album. The problem with doing the whole album is that you can't pick out just the songs you want to either listen to or burn to CD's. It's fun and I get to listen to the music I haven't played in ages. Sure beats reruns and those blasted Bob Dance/Appliance Direct commercials! It's really easy to do...if I can do it, anyone can. I sometimes have to backtrack a little because I get a little wrapped up in listening and forget to stop and save the song....not a problem, though. Thank goodness for do-overs. Some of the places like Belk's have a radio, etc. combo that will take records to CD's for about $149, but I don't think that it has the capability of doing the one song thing. I also heard that they are not all that reliable, either (they have really come down in price). I'll be glad to give you whatever other info I can or help you do it.