View Single Post

Old 03-04-2022, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
three thoughts....

every insurance company handles things just a little bit different....which makes the work in the medical office more complex... the insurance companies haven't gotten together and agreed upon a standard process....take a guess at how many different insurance companies the office staff has to deal with (add to that the shortage of help)

But standardization within the business world is no surprise...heck, even the hot dog makers and the folks that bake the hot dog buns can't seem to get together and standardize the quantities in their respective packages...how difficult would that be right?

for a practical reason, medical school rarely includes an extensive amount of business courses (that's why many doctors have an office manager)

lastly, yes, a bummer that you were not informed of their decision to no longer accept the coverage you had....but, you still had an appointment on the calendar....the only thing that changed was the method of payment they would accept....you could have paid out of pocket, submitted the claim to your current insurance and switched to one that the doctor accepts
I thank you for your reply, but, as I stated previously, my doctor cancelled my appointments, meaning, I no longer had those appointments. WITHOUT any notification from anyone.
Also, as I previously stated, for personal and financial reasons, I decided NOT to pay out of pocket.