Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 06-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Boomer? You go to Cincinnati Community Theater? You know Jackie Demaline?

Hi GG, I do not know her.

The play Always...Patsy Cline has a tiny cast. A woman who tells the story and another woman to play Patsy Cline. Of course, they need someone with a phenomenal voice for that part. But they're out there. Maybe not quite. But almost. And there is a little backup band.

Speaking of theater, there is another play with a very small cast that would be a perfect choice for an audience in TV. That play is Sylvia. Sylvia is the name of the dog who is the star of the show. But the dog is played by a woman. (I think Sarah Jessica Parker played the part a long time ago, might have been off-Broadway.)

Anyway, the dog comes to live with a couple and soon becomes the light of the husband's life. The play is funny and touching and has so many true things in it for dog lovers.

The dog is a stray and so at the beginning, the actress playing the dog is dressed in ragged, dirty clothes. But once she is adopted, she goes to the groomer and she gets to wear a snazzy outfit for the rest of the play.

If you are a dog lover and you ever get the chance to see Sylvia, please do not miss it. You will laugh. You will cry. You will laugh and cry at the same time. And you will think it is about your very own dog.

In the productions I have seen, they show a picture of a real dog at the end of the show. That part disappointed me because the dog did not look like Annie. In my mind Sylvia was Annie.

(But there is no country music in the play Sylvia. Hey. We don't care. This is Girl Talk and we can talk about whatever we want to.)

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 06-03-2009 at 05:14 PM.