Thread: Gas so $$$
View Single Post

Old 03-16-2022, 01:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,671 Times in 1,527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbomaybe View Post
Hug a tree or hug your wallet, we have more efficient vehicles because people want them,, they make sense from more than one perspective, I would like to replace my old but so far reliable Honda with a hybrid of some sort posible an electric, many factors to consider, everyone weighs things differently
I believe the reason we have "more efficient" vehicles is because our gov mandated it, period. When we first went to catalytic converters on cars, we found that many Japanese vehicles could pass our emission tests without the converters. Just a point of trivia. I do not believe that MOST folks make changes based on what is better for the environment. Most base their decisions on personal economics. Our lower income folks live a middle class lifestyle because of discount products such as you find at Walmart or Sam's. A point of fact is that our poverty level folks live a lifestyle equivalent to the European middle class.
I would wager (if I was a gambler) that MOST Americans would choose a cheap priced gas guzzler over an expensive priced clean energy car.