View Single Post

Old 03-16-2022, 01:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,941 Times in 930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
thank you for admitting you were wrong. You present as a professional here and your audience has just been told that you fudge around the edges and hope you don't get caught. Nonetheless, your advice to use the highest value of the day is wrong and an attempt to cheat the tax man and hope you get away with it.

I have absolutely no idea what the stuff about a J guy or a MB type means. I only came here to correct your wrong advice as "finance guy" If you are not a qualified CPA or tax lawyer maybe you should say so when you tell people how to do their taxes which is what you did in your post about a tax return problem. You even advised us that we should ignore the wash sale information the brokerage house sends us as you believe it is a grey area we can override. Pretty specific suggestion to ignore the experts from someone who now says he's not a professional in the field.
no problem, its a free web site, you can type away as you wish.

Just because you may not have ever had to discuss the interpretations of an IRS guidelines and then had to apply it to various situations, doesn't mean that there aren't different interpretations of an IRS accounting rule. Those are legitimate debates which accounting professionals have made when preparing taxes, and not all of them are black and white. Yes, that short sales is a legitimate debate concerning what is or isn't a short sale. Doesn't mean that everything is correct when you are filing out your particular situations. I also didn't state that you should, I stated that there are various interpretations by CPAs and tax preparers, and if you need to because that situation applies to you, that is how you address the problem in turbo tax. Just because you can doesn't mean you that are required.

I have not misrepresented my self as a professional tax return preparation guy, I have merely stated what I have done, and if people don't understand the difference between an accountant, and finance, then that is on them not being professionals. I have associated with CPAs, I have worked with CPAs, I have used turbo tax to do many different types of returns, as others have said here. but I never stated I am a CPA. I also end my posts with various "guys" as the voice of the opinion of how is speaking, as hyperbole as to the quality of the post on the internet. I have often stated that this is an internet bbs and its all If you look at this board as 100% factual, then you might look at the world differently than I do.

You might find this interesting, as understanding the different personality types helps overcome the obvious differences in how each individual looks at the world around them. It will help you understand why individuals have different points of view, not necessarily wrong, but different. Your view of the world is yours, but not everyones.

The Myers & Briggs Foundation - Judging or Perceiving

Its why i am in finance and not in accounting, as accounting is the process of putting all numbers into some proper box per the rules of accounting.

not accounting guy

Last edited by CoachKandSportsguy; 03-16-2022 at 01:51 PM.