Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 06-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Confessions of a really bad mother

Mine, too. Boomette has never let me live down the fact that I would not let her have a Barbie Doll. I thought Barbie Dolls sent the wrong message to little girls. (It was the 70's) She said that she secretly played with Barbie Dolls when she was at her friends' houses. I was, it seems, such a bad mother because of this Barbie Doll thing that I finally gave in and gave her one when she graduated from college. Boomette is now a slave to fashion. (sigh)

Another thing that Boomette torments me over is the cow pitcher. You know those cow pitchers, or I guess more correctly called creamers. You know what I mean. They are white and you pour milk or cream into them and then it comes out the cow's mouth when it's poured out. Exquisitely tacky things. I think I bought it at Stuckey's.

Anyway, the little white cow pitcher/creamer held just enough milk for Boomette's cereal when she was little. So I could pour out the cereal the night before. Cover the bowl with something so the cereal did not get stale. Pour the right amount of milk into the cow pitcher. Put it into the refrigerator. And Voilą! You got it. The kid could fix her own cereal on Saturday mornings while she watched cartoons and I snoozed a little. (Boomette was a responsible little girl. Never played with matches or anything like that.)

OK! Just say it. Just whisper it behind my back. I know. You are saying, "Boomer was such a bad, bad mother. tsk. tsk."

And you will never guess what I gave Boomette as a gift just a few years ago. You're right. A cow pitcher.

And she uses it. She puts it on the table for company. And then she tells them the story of her terrible childhood when she had to make her own cereal while her mommy slept in during Saturday morning cartoons.

Boomer Dearest

Last edited by Boomer; 06-06-2009 at 09:50 PM.