Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 06-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=Boomer;208318]Just now, when I should have been doing something useful, I got caught up in reading stuff online. (That never happens to any of you does it?)
And I came across this article from Newsweek. It takes a little while to read it. It's a long one. But I found it interesting. It hits Oprah's effect pretty hard. Not too kind. It covers how she has covered hormones and one-hour facelifts and sending energy out into the universe and all that medical and quasi-medical stuff of which the Oprah Hour is so often made. http://www.newsweek.com/id/200025/page/1

I read a summary of that article about Oprah in the local newspaper and found it extremely interesting. There are many people that think if they see something on Oprah that it is gospel. I have been guilty myself of running to the store for the newest "Oprah recommended" product.

Supposedly Suzanne Sommers is a close friend of Oprah and SS scorns the medical profession. SS gets hormone injections in her vagina daily (ouch) plus taking hundred of vitamin pills every day. Wowser. And the article said Oprah was planning to do the same thing.

Conn .. I hope you enjoy Timmy's pedicures. He gives a lovely leg massage. I don't use him for my nails, though, I go to Nails and Beyond for my Pink and Whites.