View Single Post

Old 04-29-2022, 08:47 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default It is not "free"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
I don't play golf, but I thought over 500 holes in the Villages are free to residents? How is something you pay for cheaper than free? Is is comparable to the pro courses?

I am serious, I am thinking about taking up golf, so this is curious to me.
your amenity fee covers the cost of maintaining the exec courses, rest rooms, mail centers, pools and other things.

I played 18 hole(aka: championship)courses from 1964 till 2013(till we moved here). Played the championships off and on here for about 6 years. Finally turned 99% of my golf to execs because of more enjoyment, less cost, faster completion times and quite good conditions considering the amount of play they get.

Playing championships is a "thing" for most who play them. they require a larger repertoire of shots and more chances for things to go wrong. they are a bigger challenge which I no longer need to fulfill my golf fix.

please come here and take up golf on the execs, but either attend the free good golf school or at least read the good golf manual(free at all starters shacks). also do yourself and all golfers a favor....learn the etiquette and don't count on the people you play with of knowing what is and isn't proper....it matters and many times they are completely incorrect.