View Single Post

Old 05-11-2022, 09:02 PM
Default Villagers SLOW DOWN!

Even though I have rented and spent weeks in The Villages over the past 15 years I have called The Villages ‘home’ since moving here from the Midwest this past summer. One thing I just can’t understand is why do so many Villagers drive so fast or come up on you and get so close to you as they follow you and act upset when they don’t think you are driving fast enough! What is the big hurry? You are retired! Slow down and smell the roses!!! I had an incident yesterday where I was driving my car in the Spanish Spring area from a country club and I had to share the road with two golf carts that were ahead of me in a residential area that didn’t have golf cart lanes along the road. Another vehicle comes flying up behind me, is waving his arms because I’m not passing these two golf carts heading toward Morse Blvd. it would have been too dangerous to pass and it was only a couple of blocks at most. I don’t get it. What’s the big hurry? Haven’t you heard the song lyrics ‘ I rush and rush until life’s no fun, all I have to do is live and die, I’m in a hurry and I don’t know why’! Slow down, there is a speed limit, try to stay somewhere close to it! I know what some of you are thinking. It’s not just the Villagers driving like this, it’s the non village residents too. Well for us residents retiring here it’s OUR community and if we Villagers slow down a bit and drive safer maybe everyone else will take our lead and just might drive a little slower and safer too. We need to set the tone. Take your time. Be safe. Avoid accidents and chill out a bit! And……. don’t even get me started on the roundabouts! Now go have a nice day and Be Well!!