View Single Post

Old 05-13-2022, 07:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,739 Times in 3,199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Malwarebytes Browser Guard crushes unwanted and unsafe content, giving you a safer and faster browsing experience. Not only that, it is the world’s first browser extension that can identify and stop tech support scams.

Malwarebytes Browser Guard - Blocks ads, scams, and trackers

I have Malware Bytes installed on my computer and have considered the extension for Chrome. I clicked on the link you provided with the intent to download and got a warning message that said Warning- it could change all the data on my websites?
I highly recommend that you have someone help you understand more about your computer's operating system.

That warning is -usually- your Windows OS telling you that you're about to download an executable file that will actually DO something once it opens. It will install onto your computer, and add a few lines to your registry. If it's something you know that you're doing on purpose, from a reputable company, then you're fine - you actually want it to do that.

If you don't know if that's what you're trying to do, you probably shouldn't do it, and ask a computer technician to help you do it and show you step by step what it is that you're doing (so you can know for the next time you need to do something like that).