View Single Post

Old 05-28-2022, 07:38 PM
Sage

Good point. Also, about 60% of deaths by firearms are suicides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monika Greiner View Post
I am going to add my two cents to this conversation. AR-15 stands for Armalite Rifle Model 15. It is not an assault rifle as an assault weapon is capable of firing full automatic (pull and hold the trigger and the weapon will keep firing at a rapid rate until the magazine is empty). I wish the news media knew the difference. I think the closest most of them have been to a firearm is a picture in a magazine. All firearms are designed to kill even pellet guns which are technically not firearms. Most AR-15s are in caliber 223 Remington. In some states it is illegal to hunt deer with a 223 as it is considered to small to humanly kill a deer. You can also get an AR style rifle in 22LR which is basically a squirrel and rabbit gun. Do people hunt with AR RIFLES? Yes! Why! They are light in weight, adjustable to fit different size people very light in recoil. They are used for varmint hunting and in Texas they are used to reduce the population of wild hogs. There are 400 to 500 million guns owned by 100 million or so people in America. One non gun owner ask why you need more than one gun. There are a little more than 25 million active golf players in American and most have 14 clubs in their bag. I have about 36 clubs in my garage not including a couple of dozen clubs belonging to my wife. While a 9 iron can be used to replace a broken PW it does not work very well as a driver. Same thing with guns. For the person who suggested in jest I hope that we go back to killing people the old fashioned way (sticks, rocks, knives, etc) suggest you check the FBI web site and you can see that more people are killed in the US each year with knives, fist, blunt objects than all types of rifles combined. In Europe with all of the immigrants who have arrived the weapons of choice are knives.