Thread: Gutters
View Single Post

Old 06-14-2022, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
We used Hills for some gutters in the front of the house, due to staining of the driveway, otherwise no other gutters installed. Not sure why you need gutters, I am actually considering removing the ones we had installed due to the additional maintenance. Make sure you consider where the water will be discharged and how it will be discharged. We have 3 underground drains, and I have had to dig these up, clean them out as the grass roots had completely plugged the drains.
To whoever…if you’re going put up gutters (they take water and move it from where you don’t want it to where do want it) and choose to bury the downspout drain, use SOLID PVC and GLUE the joints—keeps roots out. Do NOT corrugated pipe (black rolled stuff is CRAP) as you WILL experience what this poster did—ROOTS—as it’s full of holes. Take the pipe out about 5’ from footing (you DO NOT want water next to house—another reason for gutters); dig a hole about 2’ x 2’; fill with CLEAN 1.5” river rock; run pipe to center of this Dry-well and cover with drainfield paper (keeps dirt out of rock and will actually “turn” most roots). I did this sort of thing for a living…for many years. And a Licened Home Inspector.