Thread: Petition
View Single Post

Old 06-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyd709 View Post
Just a suggestion: It would be a good idea to put in a provision for Widows and Widowers. Quite often when a Spouse Dies monthly income can drop substantiously, and since there will only be one surviving spouse in the household that should then become a single household. It is only my opinion so there are many components to this proposal. Good luck to all of you

I am not sure how a single household would affect any of the costs. The amenity fees are not affected by number of people in the household.

The way I understand this post is that a single Villager wants the ability to bring a date (note I do not say friend) into the Villages and allow them to have the run of all the amenities that the Villagers have. While I understand what they want and I actually feel that they should have the ability to bring a date (note I do not say friend) into the Villages for dances and the pool and golf I don't think all amenities should be open to them. I still want to reserve the use of executive golf courses but since the SSDDCC (or whatever) punked out on the 30 day a year rule for in-county relatives, I guess that is fair game also but negotiable

Just my feelings. I know if I was single and meet someone in Lake, Marion, or Sumter that I took a liking to I would like to be able to invite them to the local dances, etc.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.