Thread: GPS app
View Single Post

Old 06-23-2022, 06:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,389 Times in 2,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrycomfort1 View Post
I’ve had trouble with the villages gps app .I’m receiving the message that operation couldn’t be completed.Object Mapper failed to serialize response.I’ve deleted app and powered off phone and reinstalled app but still same error ….
This sounds like the type of error you would get if the app and the server cannot communicate properly. It could have started with an update in the app, an update on the server side, or even an update in the database that holds the location information.

Reinstalling the app was all that you can do and more than you should have had to do.

If you believe you are the only one having a problem then contact the help line. If everyone is having this problem, again, then there is nothing you can do but wait for the developers to fix it - this is the more likely scenario.

As others have mentioned, the free app is pretty reliable. Or, google maps in bicycle mode can help though it doesn't know that golf carts aren't allowed on some roads.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough