View Single Post

Old 07-31-2022, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashimp View Post
I never did understand the 20mph speed limit sign coming into the Villages from Wildwood on rt 466A, don't see anyone doing 20mph
When we moved to TV 10 years ago a friend who had moved here 3 or 4 years prior gave me some tips on TV speed limits.

If a street has rotaries and a separated multi-modal / cart path (Morse Road and Buena Vista Blvd.) the speed limit is 35-mph dropping to 20-mph through the rotaries. If the street has a painted white stripe denoting a cart lane, the limit is 30-mph. These are normally major streets inside the neighborhood gates. These basic recommendations seem to be reliable, with one exception that comes to mind is Rio Grande. There the limit drops to 25 on the east section where I think you enter Lady Lake/Lake County. This is clearly marked. I am sure there are others. This also seems to explain the 30-mph speed limit on Morse Road north of 466.

Now can someone explain to me why the east/west county roads have a 45-mph limit while the north/south roads are limited to 35-mph. (A pattern or coincidence?) Example is Micro Racetrack to Lake Ella (35mph), Lake Ella East (45 mph) and Micro Racetrack north to 27/441 (35 mph).

He also explained the details of a ticket for exceeding 20-mph in a golf cart. This can happen if your cart is not registered and licensed. The ticket you receive is not for speeding. It is for operating an unlicensed vehicle on a public street. It is my understanding that the ticket is considerably more costly than a speeding ticket. No explanation for if/how the 5-mph margin applies.