View Single Post

Old 08-01-2022, 07:22 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
I’m returning for my second lifestyle visit in a few weeks, after just getting back from my first. Interested in a new build. Liked DeLuna, but not the homes right next to turnpike (too noisy). Those in the southern part of DeLuna seem to be far enough from turnpike noise. Looking to buy around October, and DeLuna may be sold out by then, which will put me looking at Richmond. Great location, but many lots close to turnpike. Question - I don’t mind a distant hum of noise, but how far away from turnpike should I be so I don’t hear much noise?
I am not sure where these new Villages are but check to see where they are in relation to the rest area on the Turnpike. Trucks pull into there using downshifting to enter the rest area and that is very loud. I would never buy a house along the turnpike. Unlike people, the turnpike never sleeps and it just seems to get busier every passing day. I used to have a house 2 miles from I-75 and there were times I could hear that plain as day depending on the wind.

There are many areas in TV that are quiet if that is what you are looking for. The only Village I would recommend south of 44 is Fenney because it is furthest from the turnpike. North of 44 is where I would settle though to get away from the noise.