View Single Post

Old 08-08-2022, 11:52 AM

Food's gotta be really disgusting and/or the workers real jerks for me to take the time to complain to yelp about a restaurant. Prices, nah, people can see that for themselves before they buy. I'd also much rather read about good places that others really like.

The people that were sued for the bad review were tenants and their landlord hooked up the roofing service. I don't know why these renters got involved outside of their unit management but that's what happened and they were sued for over 100k. If your review is a false statement or slander it's possible you could get sued. But if there's some truth in it then no. Slippery slope. I remember that everyone bashed a dentist who went out and shot a sacred old lion in Africa a few years ago, just bombarded his site online and at his home with nasty stuff. I doubt anyone was sued though. I would think just leaving low stars with a brief (or no) explanation why is safer. Also a business can be fined for instigating the reviewer to take a review down, so goes both ways. We live in a very strange social media world, obviously.