View Single Post

Old 08-14-2022, 07:14 AM
Default Delete Zoom app from your computer.

I don't know why Zoom was the platform of popularity because they have a terrible security history.
Hackers are getting access to your full computer because when you downloaded Zoom it requested full administrative access. There was no reason for them to have full access but most people not knowing accept the terms.
Security analysis have warned Zoom that their app has vulnerability issues but Zoom has and still is dragging their feet to solve the problem.
Basically, hackers get in through the Zoom installer and then have full control over your computer.
It happened right in front of my eyes. Windows of personal and private documents started popping open on their own, a window to access all my passwords opened up, the Zoom app kept opening and closing the camera came on and probably the microphone, the whole computer then froze. This was on a brand new MacBook, don't believe that Macs don't get viruses.
Luckily I was able to force shut down the computer reboot it in safe mode and able to delete Zoom and all the nasty files they left behind. Of course I had to change all my passwords which is a pain in the ass.
If you have no other choice but to use Zoom use their website instead of their app.
They're a horrible company that made a boat load of money during the Pandemic and set off to sail in the sunset leaving billions of people vulnerable to hackers.
The Zoom installer let a researcher hack his way to root access on macOS - The Verge