View Single Post

Old 08-14-2022, 09:02 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsachs View Post
This is what I received from the administrative assistant at Community Standards. "Thank you for your email and inquiry. For District #7 you would be allowed to paint your door any color to match you home as long as it is not bright, neon or florescent."
External Deed Restriction Standards & District 7 Adopted Rule to Bring About Deed Compliance
"A. Homes
Re-Painting (Base or Trim)
In regards to home re-painting it is not considered an alteration, modification or change
requiring ARC approval IF the chosen color is the original color at time of construction, a
color included on the current District approved color palette or is a color within the hue
range of the palette. Therefore, if the chosen color is the original color at time of
construction, on the current District approved color palette or within the approved hue
range of the palette, ARC approval is not required. If the chosen color is not the original
color at time of construction, is not on the current District approved color palette or within
the approved hue range, the homeowner must seek and receive ARC approval to utilize
chosenhttps://www.districtgov.org/departments/community-standards/images/compliance-standards/District7_Rules.pdf?v=202011 color. The approved color palette is subject to change. The District’s current
approved color palette can be viewed at the Community Standards Department. Color
palettes may not be commingled. For example, if a homeowner utilizes a base color from
palette 1, the homeowner must choose a trim color from palette 1.
Homeowner may select a color from one manufacturer and use another manufacturer’s paint.
B. Courtyard Villas, Patio Villas, Bungalows and Cottages
In regards to re-painting refer to the District’s adopted Rule, which includes the Matrix."
VCDD Community Standards