Thread: Deep Thinkers
View Single Post

Old 08-15-2022, 07:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
The smartest people in the world tell us life has no meaning; it's just the end result of an absurdly huge number of absurdly fortunate coincidences.

The smartest people in the world also tell us that every particle in the universe is merely a "wave" of possible mathematical solutions to its location in the universe, until it is observed. In other words, the universe cannot exist without an observer.

The smartest people in the world claim that this somehow proves that God does not exist. I wish I could explain that part, but I am not that smart.

I just find it odd that it apparently never occurs to the smartest people in the world that a solution to the observer problem could be that God is, in fact, the only reality; and the Universe is nothing more than God's thoughts -- which would also explain the absurd chain of coincidences necessary for our universe to exist.

If God exists, and we are nothing more than God's thoughts, then the meaning of life must be entertainment -- God's.
I don't view it as coincidences, but as probability. If you flip a coin 100 times, there is a very low probability that you will get 100 heads. But, if you flip the coin a trillion times, you are virtually guaranteed to get 100 heads in a row at least once.

The earth is 5 billion years old, but intelligent life has only existed for about 150,000 years. One reason that intelligent life is unlikely on another planet within our galaxy is that many of the planets in the galaxy cannot exist long enough for intelligent life to evolve. They are located in a congested area where they are destroyed by being bombarded by other larger objects. It takes millions of years with stable environmental conditions for life to evolve into an intelligent life form.