Thread: TooJay’s
View Single Post

Old 08-22-2022, 07:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,341 Times in 4,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteph View Post
Two Friday's ago, my family visited Piezannos at Lake Deaton and out comes a patron with his wee dog on a leash. No Service Dog indicator, just a privileged senior on one end and a spoiled dog on the other.

Everyone in my party made the same set of comments "hope it didn't do its business in my booth" or "I hope it didn't pee on the chairs", etc.

We tend to comment about the lack of mental strength and health of our younger generations. I say, guess where they go it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
This situation is now out of control. Saw a couple outside of Darells and they had three small dogs with them and sitting on blanket. None of the dogs had markings showing that they were a service dog.

Brother's son had a real service dog and it was trained for 18 months and had to have certain criteria such as longevity temprament, etc These dogs are now emotional "support" dogs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
That is legal according to the Federal ADA law. No documentation or proof is required for a service dog. No Florida law can supercede it.

But, I propose that Florida enact a law that, anyone dining in a restaurant when a dog enters, can notify the manager and leave immediately without owing any money to the restaurant. I think that would help to alleviate the problem.
Correct...

"You may not require proof that the animal has been certified, trained or licensed as a service animal. You may not require the animal to wear an identifying vest or tag. You may not ask that the dog demonstrate its ability to perform the task or work."

-Tom Petty