View Single Post

Old 08-24-2022, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,715 Times in 3,185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble Vince View Post
I'll be retiring in the next couple of years from the Los Angeles area, I'll be 55. I'm seriously looking at TV as a place to relocate. I've read all the books, watched all the YouTube videos, and googled everything. I'm 100% on doing a lifestyle visit, but I have a lot of questions. Such as , is there a social environment for a "younger" (lol) single man, ect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vince
Yes, there is a social environment for a 55-ish single man. There always has been. It's just that the 55-year-olds who moved in 20 years ago are now 75. It also means that there are lots of "pre-owned homes" ripe and ready for you to move into, less expensive than brand new, with mature landscaping (no waiting for a shade tree to actually provide shade!). The "oldest" generation of Villagers are moving into assisted living, memory care, "rest homes," or passing away. They're being replaced by the "newest" generation of Villagers.

The cycle of life. I was 58 when we moved in. I'm "only" 61 now, still not eligible for social security yet and still physically active and able to do anything I want.

My next door neighbor is in her early-mid-50's and is single. I believe -her- next door neighbor is also a single woman, in her 50's (not sure if early or late 50's, I haven't met her yet, she just moved in).