Thread: Matthew 6:13.
View Single Post

Old 08-30-2022, 09:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,358 Times in 2,079 Posts

Saw this online. Kind of amusing.

On a personal note, my Mom was Catholic but became Lutheran when she married my Dad. And I went to BYU Law School for about 10 days back in 1982 on a Merit Scholarship which paid for what I would have given for tuition if I had been a Mormon. But it looked like I would be taking it from all sides to convert so left to get advanced training in librarianship. I did read quite a lot of The Book of Mormon for preparation though.

Quote:
A group of Christians are tasked with changing a lightbulb.
The Charismatic changes it easily; his hands are already up.

The Roman Catholic refuses; he prefers candles.

The Pentecostal changes it while his friends pray against the Lord of Darkness.

The Christian Scientist can't, but he prays for the light to turn back on.

The Calvinist refuses; God has predestined when the light will be on.

The Episcopalian changes the lightbulb while his friends say how much they liked the old one.

The Mormon tries to change it as five wives tell him how to do it right.

The Baptist changes the lightbulb, gets it approved by three committees, and then they all eat some casserole.

The Lutheran refuses: he doesn't believe in change.

The Unitarian chooses not to make a statement either in favor of, or against, the need for a lightbulb. However, if in your own journey you have found that lightbulbs work for you, you are encouraged to create a poem or modern dance about your personal relationship with the lightbulb, and present it next Sunday when we will explore a number of lightbulb traditions including incandescent, fluorescent, halogen, compact fluorescent, low-pressure sodium, and LED, all of which are equally valid paths to luminescence.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 08-31-2022 at 09:30 AM.