View Single Post

Old 09-09-2022, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
I remember joking some years back that because of the obvious sameness in Chinese restaurants (especially buffets) it was obvious that they all got their food from the same truck. It was meant as a joke--until one day I actually saw the truck!

I enjoy going to Chinese restaurants but my expectations are never that great. The food is good--and plentiful--and cheap--and (usually) hot, and the service is usually much quicker than in other restaurants. I have only gone to two that I thought were exceptional: one in a southern suburb of Minneapolis that had a "dim sum day" which was great though the lines were pretty long. The other one was a small restaurant in Duluth, MN: Chef Yee's, run by a couple Alan and Amy Yee. Everything from scratch: the wor wonton soup was exceptional and usually served as an appetizer, followed by any number of excellent main dishes, all prepared on-site and served piping hot. The restaurant is closed now: Alan and Amy headed to more fertile grounds in I believe Oregon. Duluth lost one of their very few really good restaurants when they left.
Any news on the new one?