View Single Post

Old 09-12-2022, 09:28 PM
Default Sorry you feel I am bitchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LianneMigiano View Post
our Sumter County taxes are STILL one quarter of what our taxes were in CT TWELVE years ago! We have paid pretty much the same over the entire 12 years. In CT our taxes more than doubled in that period of time. We are GRATEFUL for the beauty and maintenance all around us for the cost to us. Just sayin' "quitchabitchin".....
I live in The Villages for 10 years. I am also blessed living in such a beautiful place. I just don't like seeing the Seniors being overcharged vs the other homes in Sumter. If you are living in The Villages for 12 years, your taxes are very low because of the great laws we have in FL. You get homestead, senior discounts and portability. They cannot raise your taxes more than 3% per year. I also have those benefits, so my taxes are very low. I taught in the Senior Center in Volusia County and donated my salary back to the Center. I have worked with Property Appraisers in Volusia, Orange, Seminole, Lake and now Sumter saving Senior's money. I really try hard to be respectful of everyone's opinion. If I insult anyone, that is not my intention.