View Single Post

Old 09-13-2022, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,541 Times in 2,139 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
What I don't understand about the taxes is the rate. A friend has a house on the golf course in the same neighborhood we live in. Her tax rate works out to about 1.3% of the total taxable value of the home. Our house is on an interior lot. Our tax rate works out to 1.5% of our total taxable home value. That doesn't make sense to me. It looks like a small amount, but for us, comes to about an extra $500 per yer. (To calculate the rate, I took the total tax paid for the year divided by the total taxable value of the home).
The total tax paid is made up of at least five separate taxes. You need to look at the many lines on your tax bill to see where the difference is coming from.

- Each of the various millage rates (at least three) f will be the same for you both if you both live in the same county
- The taxable value may be different for each line on your bill due to the applied exemptions
- If one of you lives in the Wildwood taxing area then that bill will have an additional line or two (I don't)
- The Maintenance amount will be different by CDD
- The Bond amount will be different by unit

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 09-13-2022 at 04:16 PM.