View Single Post

Old 09-15-2022, 10:33 AM
Default Sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
Interesting question. I would start by suggesting that we don't even know if it's broken. The fact that some people have stated they didn't like it doesn't mean that it won't function eventually just the way the developer envisioned. Nobody will know how successful it will be until at least one snowbird season has come and gone. There may be plenty of people who will patronize it, and support it, just the way it is.

I'm not in the food services business, and I haven't even been to the place yet, but from what I've read on TOTV, I think they have to make a choice between inexpensive fast food delivery, or charging enough to allow them to serve food worth eating, on real plates, with real knives and forks and glasses. It reads to me as if they are charging a premium for the thrill of being in the facility, but not serving food that is worth the premium compared to the food and cost of going to a decent restaurant outside the bubble.
That might work at a sports venue, but I think the "thrill" of being in the Sawgrass facility will wear off very fast if the food and service isn't worth the cost.
You state that you have not been there yet. It’s very hard to give an opinion about something if you have not seen it personally. I have been there. I will never go back again it was a complete waste of time. Unlike the other squares it does not have a bunch of small shops that you can meander in and out of. It is just an oversized food court