View Single Post

Old 09-16-2022, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,344 Times in 4,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
Yes, and the vast majority don't live in the villages. Getting the max social security is middle management pay, and there are many people who qualified in the last 20 years. looking at the tables, hitting max social security only required low $100Ks in salary.

So lets say a couple with 1 max and a spouse with 50%, so that is $54K per year, with house and car at $24K per year total expense. still seems doable. Now, this does not mean 2 weeks vacation in Europe and eating out every night. . . etc. means that its doable to live here with the income to spend on groceries.

A single person at the max, that might be too tight, a couple each at 50% that would be tight. The only reason I reference SS is because public and private pension payments are highly varied and not public information like SS. A state teacher's pension, might start out fine, but 20 years in with no cost of living increase, not so much. . again, the options are highly varied, and I am familiar with the SS chart as my sole retirement basis. . .

future former finance guy
Changing the parameters doesn't negate what I said...

-Tom Petty