View Single Post

Old 09-17-2022, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,806 Times in 5,293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird45 View Post
I have one of these full packages from Xfinity with what I believe is 185 channels and I have very little complaints to what they have been providing me. Now what I started to realize was that I only watch a handful of channels offered. Other than local stations, maybe ever now and then HBO, HGTV, I've been spending most of my time on Netflix and Prime. My contract is coming to an end in November and have decided to cut the cord. It's not even the money, it's I'm purchasing something I don't use. As I said I have no complaints with Xfinity's service and will continue using them for my internet and mobile phone, but good-by TV.

There is endless info on cutting the cord on YouTube. You can tailor what comes into your home to match your needs without signing a contract. I've already purchased streaming devices, Roku and Chromecast and I'm more than happy with their performance.
I have thought about the same thing. But, whenever I do the math, my savings would be less than $40 per month. But, that includes adding YoutubeTV for $65. I would need it for local channels, the Golf channel, and a few others.

I would suggest using the website, "suppose.tv" to calculate the cost for everything you need. Also, visit the Xfinity store about a month before your contract expires to see what Xfinity is offering, and do an apples to apples comparison.