View Single Post

Old 09-19-2022, 03:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,743 Times in 5,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybeanrt View Post
The water portion of my amenity bill went up very high. I had meter reader out to check the meter. I was told the meter, showed water was running while l was outside talking with him. And it is showing usage. I told him nobody was in my house, so there is something wrong. He then said l have a leak. I checked inside my house and outside, no leak was found. Need recommendation please, for a plumber with a Detector to find a leak. I do not have grass, stones in front of my house. No trees. I need a good plumber, honest. not a rip off one. Thank you
Judy
Close the water shut off valve inside your house. It may be inside a wall at the rear of your garage, or just outside the house. Then, if the meter is still running, the leak is located between the meter and your house. Otherwise, the leak is inside your house. If the leak is inside, close the toilet shut off valves and see if that stops the meter from running. Most leaks inside the house are caused by a leaking toilet. The red food coloring may work, but some toilet leaks are intermittent. If the leak is outside, check for wet areas in your yard.

Mike Scott Plumbing or any licensed plumber should be able to locate the leak.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 09-19-2022 at 03:30 PM.