View Single Post

Old 09-19-2022, 06:38 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,787 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
One bedroom apartments at The Lofts start at $1,600 per month. I don't know of any other one bedroom apartments available in The Villages.
Made me wonder if this source was actually quoting prices from apartments for seniors that "appear" to be within the villages (for people who may only be looking at a map f the area). I recently was trying to help a relative (a senior in her 70's) on a VERY limited budget to find a place here. Those were approximately the prices and costs I was given when I looked at a brand new apartment building for seniors just off 466, and a "stones throw" to our village. Perhaps national publications, etc. really don't realize the details of actually living IN a village, as it really looks like part of the villages on a map. Our relative was not at all concerned since she is not at all interested in golf, or pickle-ball, etc. and is aware that the entertainment in the evenings is paid for by merchants and state tourism grand monies, so anyone is welcome to enjoy.