View Single Post

Old 09-20-2022, 04:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
About half of US income is earned by households making more than $100,000 per year, with most owning their own homes. https://twitter.com/lisaabramowicz1/...10104432857089

Bloomberg Lisa Abramowicz today

With max Social Security income limit currently at like $140K, that means that slightly less than 50% of the population today qualifies for near max social security. . .

So that's why i made the statement I did, a lot more people have near max SS than one might realize.

I also see the salary and wages of the entire population of 15,000 employees in a utility company across 3 states and 3 segments, gas, electric and transmission, so I have some familiarity with income ranges and potential SS payouts. . I specialize in designing financial forecasting models for corporations, revenues in the billions. . .

but its a web site, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

future former corporate finance guy
Not many husbands AND wives (spousal equivalent) make the maximum SS taxable salary. This is especially true of people that were born in the 40's and 50's. Most women were stay at home moms. Your argument has more merit for future SS recipients.