View Single Post

Old 09-24-2022, 08:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
I moved here in summer of 2021. When I first arrived, there was a sign on Meggison just north of Warm Springs that says the spot is the future location of Hope Lutheran Church. There has been no activity in the last 15 months. Does anyone have any idea when they might actually start building the church?

Also, last summer there was a rumor that there was going to be a new Catholic church in the south section. I have not heard anything since the original rumor. Is that still in the works? Or has it been abandoned?

The population in the south is continuing to grow. Since that time, they have built Cason Hammock, St. Johns, Richmond, and Deluna, and they are starting to build Newell and are working on Middleton and Eastport.
The bishop came to St Vincent DePaul church to announce that land has been purchased in the South for building a new Church. Fr Peter (pastor at the church) said it would likely be another 5 years until it is built. That was about a year ago. Haven’t heard anything since. You might want to inquire at St Vincent DePaul if you have more questions. Originally the plan was to expand St Vincent DePaul’s building because it is bursting at the seams. Over 7000 parishioners. Avg attendance weekly is over 3000. And that’s just one of the Catholic Churches in, by TV. But the plan changed to building a new church in the South for easier travel for those moving into the new areas.