View Single Post

Old 09-24-2022, 09:52 PM
Location: Rhode Island native now full time resident of St Johns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieRN View Post
My husband and I are coming for a lifestyle visit in October. I have 3 questions about realtors. 1)Why would someone list with MLS rather than a Villages realtor? 2)If I'm looking for a preowned home should I look at both? 3)Someone on this forum said a friend of theirs was paying 500.00 in amenity fees. Doesn't everyone pay the same? Thanks in advance for the info and advice. Excited to see all the Villages offers!
My husband and I recently purchased a new 3 br courtyard villa in St. Johns. We wanted to purchase new construction so it was our Villages agent who found us and handled the sale of the home we purhased. If you are open to or only interested in pre-owned homes some will be listed by an MLS agent and others will be listed by the VLS which is The Villages listing services. An MLS agent can only show and sell MLS homes, and VLS homes are only shown and sold by Villages agents. That being said, you will need both an MLS and VLS agent. If you are not ready to buy now, spend your LSV time exploring the community and go to a few open houses on your own. We had two LSVs and did not purchase during either, but after the 2nd we knew the type of home we wanted and area we wanted to purchase in. With regards to amenity fees, that is included in a monthly bill along with trash, sewer, and water which is irrigation and potable. Our recent bill for these services I just paid was $317. The month previous was $357 attributed to more water use as we upgrade our landscaping during that time and had to water our new plantings more to make sure they survived. Although there is some variation in individual amenity frees depending on when one purchased their home, our amenity fee for our 4 month old new home is $179/month. Best of luck.