Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 07-13-2009, 08:50 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default The lady in red

IG,

My! My! That is quite a dress. I like the lines of it. Good sleeve length. Good skirt. The fabric looks too shiny though, on my computer anyway. But, for a uniform???? That décolletage is definitely saying, "Coffee, tea, or me?" Do you think the airline is setting them up to work for tips?

When I saw your post, it reminded me of a lunchtime conversation at work a few years ago. A woman that I worked with, a young mom, had just returned from Disneyworld with her husband and little boys. She had hunted down the best price for airline tickets. She ended up flying "Hooters Air." Well, the rest of us had never heard of this airline. She said it was cheap. But she also said that there was only one flight attendant dressed in Hooters garb. And then she said that she actually felt sorry for her, running around the plane in her Hooters ensemb. Of course, the rest of us women, all well seasoned, collapsed in a heap of laughter. And then we had a little talk with our young friend, about choices, and about who not to worry about.

Now, on to a message for Barefoot....

Hi Barefoot,

I see that you are working on being a vegetarian. I am not a vegetarian. Just gotta bare my fangs once in a while. But it has to be for really good red meat. I do try to limit it.

One of the things that I have found works for lunch or whenever is hummus. I don't make it, but I have recently found a brand that I really like. Sabra. I have tried only the classic hummus so far, but they have lots of different kinds. I put it on Wasa Crispbread.

A couple of weeks ago I had a meeting for my class reunion committee and I served it along with other light fare. (Buncha women. You know the drill. Wine was flowing.) I used Stacy's pita chips with the hummus then. But those things cost 10 million dollars a bag. And I actually like the Wasa bread better. I have tried other hummus and not been all that excited about it. But this stuff, I like a lot. And it will get you through a while without getting hungry.

Here is the link to the company that makes it.

http://www.sabra.com/

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 07-14-2009 at 06:53 AM.