View Single Post

Old 10-16-2022, 08:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,063 Times in 1,767 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
No one truly knows/can prove (belief/faith is not fact) what happens after the mortal body ceases - except that it slowly decomposes. THAT can be proved. Another thing that has been proved over and over throughout history however, is that the promise and belief of perpetual utopia is the single best way to try and manipulate how adherents act during their lives, both good and bad. The sad part being, that having the 'faith/belief' that there is something great waiting after we die and one only needs to convert/believe (even at the very last second), somehow justifies the abhorrent behavior so many show toward fellow human beings (particularly against those who are not the same as oneself) - while alive.

Not to say that having belief and faith is a bad thing, as it certainly isn't and should be a huge positive toward having a better living world...and how we treat others while alive.

So why hasn't/doesn't it - actually work that way?
I’ve always suspected that I agree with you. So we are “manipulated” into behaving better…lol…if it works….

Personally, I think there maybe many ways to “heaven”. I don’t think the Lord left anybody out if they are good people. The Buddhist have enlightment as sort of heaven equivalent. The Muslims have several different heavens. The Judeo Christians have the same set of guys waiting for them. Speaking personally, no way I’m not going to see if I can meet Moses and Isaiah if they have time for me. And since I fail in my good intentions so often, I will need help from Jesus to get there in the first place. Just saying….